Jeffrey McDonald is a Partner of the Firm and a seasoned practitioner in real estate and corporate transactions. Jeff primarily represents institutional investors, lenders, tech companies, high net worth individuals, developers of all sizes and public agencies in development, leasing, acquisition and disposition, joint ventures and financing of all real estate asset classes. He also regularly advises on land use, regulatory and environmental matters. Jeff’s corporate practice includes counseling clients on business organization and financing matters, negotiation of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate transactions.
Having previously represented clients at AM 100 law firms on a wide array of transactional and litigation matters across the country, Jeff sees issues from multiple angles. He works closely with his clients and their management teams to see around corners and craft solutions to issues before they arise with an eye on promoting opportunities to help their businesses thrive and grow.
- Real Estate Transactions and Financing Real Estate Development
- Leasing (office, industrial, retail) Land Use
- Construction Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Services
- Joint Ventures
- Pepperdine University (J.D., cum laude)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A.)
- State Bar of California
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2016 – 2019)
- Represented developer in its acquisition of a $60MM newly constructed luxury residential development in Hollywood, involving mezzanine and conventional institutional loans and equity financing with complex post-closing construction issues.
- Represented developer in acquisition, renovation and leasing of 800,000 square feet of Class A office buildings in Denver, Colorado.
- Represented developer in entering into a disposition and development agreement and related agreements with the City of Fullerton for the acquisition of City property for the development of a hotel and parking facility in downtown Fullerton, California.
- Represented developer in obtaining $22MM construction loan and related construction contracts for the development of commercial and industrial projects for 185 acre mixed use development.
- Represented project owner in $40MM construction loan for development of office project in Nevada.
- Represented national warehouse wholesaler in sale of multistate warehouse portfolio.
- Represented construction company in negotiation and drafting of construction contracts for residential and mixed use projects throughout California.
- Represented developer in sale of $20MM residential development structured as sale of partnership interests for mixed use development in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented county government as lead agency in approval of 12,000 acre wind energy facility in southern California involving compliance with state and federal environmental laws, preparation of EIR and responses to public comments; and resolutions approving project.
- Represented city environmental and engineering consultant for $330MM State transportation project in Bakersfield, California; advised on compliance with state and federal environmental laws; drafted EIR and responses to public comments.
- Represented developer in its acquisition and redevelopment of a $31MM office park in Denver, Colorado, involving $38MM of acquisition and construction loan financing and $13MM of equity financing.
- Represented developer in its acquisition and renovation of an $11MM commercial property in Denver, Colorado involving a $12MM acquisition and construction loan.
- Represented developer in its sale of a portfolio of a $27M office building and $20.5MM office building involving defeasance of a $12MM loan.
- Represented developer in its sale of a $17MM mixed use development in Santa Ana, California.
- Represented developer in its post-entitlement sale two $14MM residential projects to national home builders.
- Represented project owner in obtaining a $42MM construction loan for development of residential project.
- Represented project owner in acquisition and development of a shopping center involving a $28MM acquisition and construction loan.